I am sure that you will agree that the 2020/2021 and 2021/2022 seasons have been like no other.
We have confronted many challenges in completing a cricket season in the present environment. However, it has been very pleasing to see all of our players and volunteers rise to the challenge in such difficult circumstances.
It really is a credit to all involved that we are completing a full season of games, and the club is fielding its full teams in both senior and junior cricket.
I would like to commend all players and volunteers in our community for your diligence and co-operation. It has been great for all of us to be to look forward to cricket games, and the Club's on-field performance continues on an upward trajectory. But we must acknowledge that it has taken a lot of hard work on the part of many to make it possible. Thank you to all of those involved.
As you will appreciate, the financial challenges for the Club of running a season in the present environment are also significant. By necessity over much of the season, we have been denied many of the usual fundraising opportunities, including Club functions, and our bar takings have been impacted by the reduced activity during and after games. Of course, sponsorship in the wider economic environment is also very difficult.
In order to help meet the present challenge, and to otherwise assist in securing our financial future, the Club has established the Balwyn Cricket Club Development Fund.
Monies raised will help the club build and strengthen its junior, youth and senior programs and enable it to reach out and engage more broadly with the community. Specifically, your contribution will help us:
- Build a sustainable grass roots junior program in partnership with local schools
- Strengthen our youth development program by providing specialist coaching, training and games to help young cricketers achieve their best and play at the highest level
- Support the Balwyn Tigers J.G Craig Shield Team which plays in the VSDCA Representative carnival each year
- Fund coaching and development programs for player and parent volunteers to help them become 'great coaches' and role models across all playing levels
- Develop and retain club leaders and coaches who play an integral role in guiding player development, maintaining our family based culture and planning the future success of the club.
Further to the points above, here is a link to our cricket development pathway which provides an overview of our teams, programs and opportunities that are currently available for those who play cricket at Balwyn.
The Club encourages those who are willing and able to make a donation to the Fund, which can be accessed on the link below:
Balwyn Cricket Club Development Fund: https://asf.org.au/projects/balwyn-cricket-club/
By reason of the Club's fundraising partnership with the Australian Sports Foundation, donations of $2 or more are tax deductible.
I thank you in advance for your continued support, and look forward to working with you all together to make our Club stronger than ever.
President, Balwyn CC